POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help with JPEG conversion : Help with JPEG conversion Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Help with JPEG conversion
From: Kevin Jackson-Mead
Date: 25 Aug 2000 16:48:32
Message: <39A6DB0B.72686220@mindspring.com>
In anticipation of submitting my first IRTC entry, I downloaded the
evaluation version of Paint Shop Pro 6 in order to convert my image from
PNG to JPEG.  Most of the scene looks okay except for this box.
Attached are details from the PNG version and the JPEG version,
respectively.  The only thing I did differently in the scene with this
box was to give it a high ambient value, because it was in shadow, and I
wanted some focus on it.  Does the distortion I'm getting have to do
with that?  If so, is there something in the conversion settings that I
can change (I set the compression to its lowest possible value)?  Or do
I need to change the scene around?  I sure wish we could submit PNG
images to IRTC.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Kevin Jackson-Mead
http://www.mindspring.com/~jacksonmead

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scenebox.png' (38 KB) Download 'scenebox.jpg' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'scenebox.png'
scenebox.png

Preview of image 'scenebox.jpg'
scenebox.jpg